Friday, September 23, 2011

~big ideas

We all have dreams. Some big, some small. We all want to be in control of our dreams. We all want the power to say "This dream will come true," but what would happen if we hand our dreams over to God? The One who gives us our dreams. The One who gives us the ability to dream. The One who is actually capable of making our dreams, or better, dreams that we couldn't even imagine, a reality.

I want to find out.

I'm on an adventure. Not the dorky, put on a jungle hat and let's explore the wilderness! kind of adventure, but the adventure of seeing how my life changes when I give Christ complete control of my life.

Part of that is giving Him complete control of my dreams. I guess I could have prayed and told God that I give Him control of my dreams, but being the visual person that I am, I wrote them out.... and burned them. Telling God they belonged to Him.
Some of my dreams that I gave to God were everything from a ride in a hot air balloon to being a missionary to getting married and being a mom. My dreams are a little bit all over the place. Just the way I like it.

They're His now! And I thought this was beautiful, because He makes beautiful things out of dust and what's that there? Dust! I'm so excited to see what Christ has in store for my life. Not what I had planned, but what He has planned for me.
A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9

3 comments:

  1. I like your article---very mature and insightful. We all are born with the tendency to think that we are the stars in our own life story, with the Lord as sort of a player in our story. But the truth is that we need to be rescripted as actors in Jesus' story! Glad to see the Lord is teaching you (and me) that important truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a wonderful idea...burning your dreams all the while letting them go to HIM! Way to go girl! =)

    ReplyDelete